Pictures work: Statistical evidence
by Jacqueline Hawkins
Pictures work. Anyone who has used pictures knows it. But now, we have the cold, hard statistics.
In her study, A Statistical Analysis on the Effectiveness of Abortion Victim Photography in Pro-life Activism, Dr. Jacqueline C. Harvey examined the effectiveness of abortion pictures to change minds. Key findings include:
• Nearly 90% of respondents said that seeing the images increased their negative feelings toward abortion.
• “Those identifying as completely pro-life increased by nearly 30 percent following the campaign.”
• “Those identifying as pro-abortion also decreased in their degree of remaining support for abortion.”
• “Overall, there was a statistically significant gain of nearly 17 percent toward a pro-life world view.”
• “The degree of permissiveness toward abortion was statistically decreased and support for incremental pro-life gains, like gestational limits, substantially increased by 15 percent overall.”
There you have it. The survey proves a statistically significant shift to a more pro-life position when people are exposed to abortion pictures.
Jacqueline Hawkins is a CBR Project Director and a regular FAB contributor.
This entry was posted on Wednesday, March 22nd, 2017 at 2:17 pm and is filed under Pro Life Strategy. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.