It’s so hot and dry in Tennessee …
It’s so dry in Tennessee, …
- the Baptists are baptizing by sprinkling,
- the Methodists are using wet-wipes,
- the Presbyterians are giving rain checks, and
- the Catholics are praying for the wine to turn back into water!
It’s so hot in Tennessee, …
- birds have to use potholders to pull the worms out of the ground.
- the trees are whistling for the dogs.
- hot water comes from both taps.
- lizards jump into the fire to get under the shade of the skillet.
- the temperature drops below 95 F and you feel a little chilly.
- you break into a sweat when you step outside at 7:30 am.
- you realize that asphalt has a liquid stage.
- cows are giving evaporated milk.
- farmers are feeding their chickens crushed ice so they won’t lay boiled eggs.
(Thanks to State Rep. Stacey Campfield and KNS/Charlie Daniel.)
This entry was posted on Thursday, August 19th, 2010 at 10:21 am and is filed under Quote of the Week. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.